Marie Griesser, of The Griesser LaPierre Team, is an accredited home stager. She’s listed below 41 things you can do, as a homeowner, to make your home look great! These are things to keep in mind for pictures, showings and open houses. Of
course if you would like a more detailed list please feel free to reach out to us and we would be happy to provide that to you.
When you list with The Griesser LaPierre Team, Marie will personally walk through your home with you to help you stage and de-clutter, if necessary. Call 484-995-7730 or email email@example.com for more information.
Throughout the House:
1. Open the curtains, pull up the shades, let in the natural sunlight.
2. Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
3. Remove clutter from all rooms to visually enlarge them.
4. If you have a fireplace, light it, season permitting.
5. Keep your home dusted and vacuumed at all times.
6. If needed have carpets cleaned/replaced if it does not clean up well.
7. Have a family game plan to get the home in order quickly if necessary.
8. Air out your home for one half hour before showings, if possible.
9. Clean out your closets. Make sure that nothing is on the floor and put away all off season items.
10. Put the family photos in storage.
11. Improve traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
12. Create the feeling of a spacious entry area by using decorative accents and removing unnecessary furniture.
13. Putty over and paint any nail holes or other imperfections in the walls.
14. Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
15. Repair or replace any loose or damaged wallpaper.
16. Add fresh flowers to tables, bedrooms, at your discretion.
In the Kitchen:
17. Organize and clean cabinets.
18. Highlight an eat-in area in your kitchen by setting the table if possible.
19. Keep the kitchen clean including the inside of the microwave and refrigerator.
20. Expand your counter space by removing small appliances.
In the Bedroom:
21. Create a master suite effect with your decorating.
22. Depersonalize the bedrooms and decorate in a neutral scheme.
23. Make sure the beds are made and the linens are clean.
24. Organize your closets, placing unnecessary items in storage.
In the Bathrooms:
25. Empty trashcan.
26. Wipe down the sinks and shower areas after each use.
27. Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white.
28. Repair or replace broken tiles in the shower/tub.
29. Replace shower curtains and keep them clean.
30. Put out fresh towels and hand soaps.
31. Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times.
32. Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkways and patio.
33. Remove all toys, bicycles, tools, unsightly patio furniture and trash from the yard.
34. Porches, steps, verandas, balconies, patios and other extensions of the house should be kept uncluttered, swept and in good condition.
35. Paint all entrance doors.
36. Make sure the garage door opens easily. Fix and paint the garage door if necessary.
37. Clean and shine all hardware and accessories indoors and out (door knobs, lamps, mail box, address numbers, etc.).
38. Trees and shrubs should be trimmed and pruned.
39. Use a new doormat.
40. If you have a doorbell make sure it is in good working order.
41. Be sure the front door and screen door works perfectly.